Terms of Service & Website Rules
The EGEA website (‘the site’) is the main web communication platform of The European Geography Association (“EGEA” or “we”) registered in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
In order to use the functions you must register. By doing so you agree that you understand and will comply with all terms and conditions and rules set out below, as well as the privacy statement.
The website is managed by the Website Administrators or Web Admins and /or moderators (’website staff’). The website staffs deals with all requests. In the case that there are doubts, the website staff may ask the opinion/support of the Board of EGEA and/or the RCP(s) in order to take a decision.
Guidelines for Posting
Off topic comments do not improve the clarity of the threads, website staff may move or edit off topic posts.
EGEA subscribes to the freedom of expression. Be kind to others, keep it positive. Be tolerant, understanding and respectful of other people’s point of view. Do not ridicule others for their beliefs, opinions or views. Please take into account the difficulty many people have in expressing their precise feelings and emotions in a written message and/or in English. If you strongly disagree or are upset over somebody’s contribution, simply respond by stating your point of view.
You agree to accept all liability and responsibility for any contribution you make personally.
The entity contact person is responsible for the rule compliance of contributions to the website of their entity and its acknowledged members.
The rules are not designed to anticipate any given situation, and consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure this community is not disrupted or abused in any way.
The following is prohibited on the EGEA website:
- Racial, ethnic, minority or gender based insults or any form of discrimination.
- Insulting (irony and sarcasm can be insulting), trolling, flaming, harassing or threatening anyone.
- Posting of material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, or invasive of a person’s privacy.
- Provocation for the sake of provocation.
- Spam or unauthorised advertisements of any kind.
- Use of any other language than English on the Forum posts and front page content. (excluding posts in private forums as well as forums specifically for one country, one language or one cultural region)
- Attacks on staff members.
- Failure to use your real name and entity (or city if no entity is established) in your profile.
- The creation of unauthorised ‘clones’
- The abuse of any personal user rank rights.
- Copyright infringements (third party content and/or content provided by users of the site) according to international copyright laws , where applicable.
If you feel someone has broken the website rules, please inform the website staff through the contact form which can be found here: http://www.egea.eu/about/contact/ or on the forum using the “report spam” button.
Guidelines for applying the rules:
Users or website staff will post a complaint and/or the rule violating posts (via the contact form) in the website staff forum to be discussed. The website staff will ask the user to comply with the rules. The suspect post will be replaced by a link to rules page & the original content of the post will be deleted.
Users or website staff will post a complaint and/or the rule violating posts (via the contact form) in the website staff forum to be discussed. The user will be banned from the website (will not be able to log-in) for 48 hours by the website staff.
3rd offense/ major offense:
Users or website staff will post a complaint and/or the rule violating posts (via the contact form) in the website staff forum to be discussed. The user will be banned from the website permanently (the account will be deleted).
Updates to this Statement
EGEA may periodically update these terms and rules. In the case of any changes you will also be notified by a post on the website. Your continued use of the website will be subject to the terms and conditions at your time of use.
We welcome your comments regarding this terms and rules. If you believe that EGEA has not adhered to them, please contact us: http://www.egea.eu/imprint-and-disclaimer/