EGEA brings together young geographers in an atmosphere of respect, inclusion and personal development. This inspires global understanding of environmental and social processes and enables us to bring about a positive impact on society.
EGEA targets European students and professionals in the field of Geography to encourage sharing, networking, volunteering and alternative informal peer-learning. We empower young geographers and encourage their active participation in decision making processes on a European, national and local level.
- EGEA is based on Friendship. Our members belong to one family.
- We live respect for other cultures. We create intercultural environments and empower mutual understanding.
- We encourage curiosity. It is our main drive to explore and discover the diversity of Europe.
- We spread inspiration. Our European family encourages young people to step up and take ownership of the future.
- We believe in personal development. EGEA is offering a supportive, intercultural environment for young people to experience personal growth.
What do we do?
We organise congresses, cultural exchanges, seminars, summer schools, training events, symposiums, geographical study trips and more. Check out the website for more information.